The annual Abita Mardi Gras Parade takes place each January on Okaloosa Island! Mardi Gras on the Island is a family-friendly Mardi Gras parade that puts New Orleans’s famous festival on full display for everyone to see! Beads, candy, and souvenirs are thrown from the various colorful floats representing local organizations, individuals, and businesses.
This spectacular parade features all the feathers and flare of the Big Easy minus the high prices and unruly behavior. A New Orleans-themed extravaganza that everyone in the gang will love, folks are encouraged to dress up in the traditional colors of green, gold, and purple and wear glittery masks to the parade. Make sure to mark your calendars and bake yourself a King Cake for the event to make this event extra special and authentic!
Free parking is available at the Okaloosa Island Boardwalk, with a complimentary shuttle service running throughout the morning. The Parade typically starts in the mid afternoon and gallivants through Santa Rosa Boulevard ending at Marler Park. Keep your eyes peeled for Mardi Gras-themed parties at local bars and restaurants the day of the parade for an extra good time as many establishments feature Mardi Gras specials that run all night long. Mardi Gras on the Island is a FREE event open to all ages. We hope to see you there!
Mardi Gras on the Island Highlights:
- Parade celebrating anything and everything Mardi Gras
- Easy access with FREE parking at the Okaloosa Island Boardwalk
- Mardi Gras-themed Okaloosa Island block party at various local bars and restaurants
- January 2018. Specific dates to be determined
- The Parade runs from the west end of Santa Rosa Boulevard on eastward toward Highway 98
- Prizes will be awarded to the best floats from the parade. The judges’ reviewing stand will be in front of the Best Western Beachfront Hotel