The Okaloosa Island Boardwalk becomes the region’s volleyball headquarters with the Emerald Coast Volleyball Week each and every April! Go solo, play in pairs, or join forces with a whole entire team and conquer your division to become the best on the beach!
“VolleyBall at Marina Beach, Chennai” by Vinoth Chandar
Volleyball on the beach is truly something special. For sure, the wind, waves, and sunshine are great for any occasion. Inject some friendly competition and aerobic exercise into that mix and you have yourself a real winner! Dive for the ball, set up your teammates, and work together to best your opponents in an epic clash of skill, athleticism, and strategy.
For the last week in April, several tournaments are held to determine the top volleyballers on the coast and award athletes with marvelous cash and merchandise prizes! The number 1 winners take home a lump some of $1,000!
Local area restaurants sponsor this popular competition, and hold parties before, after, and during daily matches. The Emerald Coast Volleyball Week organization coordinates the event and plays liaison to its guests, vendors, and sponsors. Events cover the whole spectrum of awesome, from beach yoga to costume contests tonight’s out and about on the town. Emerald Coast Volleyball Week is a great time for all parties involved!
Emerald Coast Volleyball Week Highlights:
- Takes place among dining, shops, and entertainment at the Okaloosa Island Boardwalk
- Individual, doubles, and 4 person teams compete for cash and merchandise grand prizes
- Parties at local restaurants and bars to celebrate the yearly event
- April 26th through April 30th
- Various restaurants and bars in Destin and Fort Walton Beach play host to special events and tournament games. Specific locations include the Black Pearl Island Grill, Rockin Tacos Grill & Tequila Bar, Fudpucker’s Beachside Bar & Grill, Al’s Beach Club & Burger Bar, and Fudpucker’s on the Island