The Emerald Coast Poker Run is a week’s worth of boating, special events, and great folks! With proceeds benefiting the Emerald Coast Foundation charity, this boat parade is both a party and philanthropic home run! The Emerald Coast Foundation lends support to local children’s charities throughout Northwest Florida.
Image from Flickr
Events and activities extend to not only local residents, but visitors as well. Participants will make 18 stops along the Florida Panhandle’s coastline including the fantastic beach communities in Destin and Fort Walton Beach. There are two divisions of boats, Emerald and Ruby.
The Poker Run is a function of a fantastic support network as it boasts great sponsors from across the United States. Event activities include a bikini contest, parade, casino night, as well as a special Luau Party! For more info on this year’s celebration, visit Emerald Coast Poker Run online!
Emerald Coast Poker Run Highlights:
- A must-attend celebration for boat enthusiasts
- Rain or Shine occasion
- 18 stops between 2 classes (Emerald and Ruby) on the Gulf Coast
- Several Boat Parade events include a luau, bikini contest, and casino night
- August 7 through August 11
- Various stops along the Gulf Coast between Destin and Navarre. Notable stops include the Emerald Coast Convention Center and Harborwalk Village
- Event will proceed rain or shine
- Participants get t-shirts, cooler bags, tickets to a Captain’s Party and Emerald Coast Poker Run Party, entrance to all events during the week, as well as a weekend stay at the IP Casino Resort and Spa in Biloxi, MS
- Top prizes are a new Ford F150 and a Harley Davidson Motorcycle
- Boat categories include an Emerald level and a Ruby level. The Emerald level are those boats 30 feet and longer with 500 horsepower or more. The Ruby level is only open to residents of Okaloosa, Escambia, Santa Rosa, Bay, or Walton County with boats under 30 feet and 500 horsepower.