October means one thing on Okaloosa Island, and it’s not scary costumes or sweet candy! Emerald Coast Con is one of the premier gaming conventions in all of the Southeast! 2 straight, action-packed days of video game antics take place at the Ramada Plaza Beach Resort in Fort Walton Beach.
Gamers far and wide enjoy the electronic arts with fellow gaming enthusiasts. All-ages are welcome at this one-of-a-kind event, with activities for both the serious and casual video game lover. Cash tournaments, a retro game arcade, and special guests from the video game and science fiction industry make this 2 day event well worth the trip down yonder!
Cosplay is another huge attraction at the event. Indeed, the Emerald Coast Con encourages folks to dress up like their favorite characters from different games, cartoons, and TV shows. Be sure to check out the Cosplay competition to see the best, most authentic costumes and outfits from the event! There’s a division for kiddos, as well!
The event started in 2015 as a fundraising venture for the Arc of the Emerald Coast. An affiliate of Arc National, the Arc of the Emerald Coast serves those community members with developmental disorders. So come on down to the Ramada for some serious fun, spirited competition, and to support the Arc and their great cause!
Emerald Coast Con Highlights:
- Events for all ages at this family-friendly gaming convention
- Admission includes access to the retro game arcade featuring consoles from decades past
- Cash tournaments in several top competition games including Super Smash Brothers and Mortal Kombat
- Fall 2018. Dates to be announced
- Ramada Plaza Beach Resort, 1500 Miracle Strip Parkway SE, Fort Walton Beach, FL
- Emerald Coast Con reserves the right to deem a costume unacceptable and request the wearer to make modifications or change entirely