The Destin Fishing Rodeo is one of the Gulf Coast’s most beloved events. Every year since 1948, this month-long fishing extravaganza brings folks from across the country to Destin, Florida to compete for some seriously sweet prizes!
Known as the “World’s Luckiest Fishing Village”, Destin is Okaloosa Island’s closest neighbor. This world-renowned fishing rodeo is an annual competition attracting about 35,000 anglers over a month span. No matter who you are or what your skill level, the Destin Fishing Rodeo welcomes you to compete and have fun.
For the entire month of October, anxious anglers take over Destin, Okaloosa Island, and the surrounding areas hoping to win a cash prize. Boats scour the Gulf Waters in search of 33 species in 20 plus divisions. Public weigh-ins occur daily in the Destin Harbor so all can join in the fun of the catch! To register your boat, or to learn more about the event, visit Destin Fishing Rodeo.
Destin Fishing Rodeo Highlights:
- Month long event with cash prizes exceeding $100,000
- Anyone can register a private boat or find a fishing charter that is registered in the competition
- Public weigh-ins and parties allow non-anglers to join in on the fun
- Meet and greet with Miss Destin
- October 1st through October 31st
- Weigh-ins occur daily between 10:00AM and 7:00PM
- Fishing occurs up and down the Emerald Coast from
- Weigh ins will be at the Marina at A.J.’s Seafood & Oyster Bar on the Destin Harbor, 116 Harbor Blvd, Destin, FL
- Fish up and down the Emerald Coast aboard a registered charter boat (free for anglers), a registered private boat (free for anglers), via kayak, paddle board, Pier, Bridge, Jetty, Surf and/or shoreline
- Daily, weekly, and overall prizes
- Anglers cannot win multiple awards for single fish (excludes bonus and jackpot awards)
- Rodeo is free for anglers fishing aboard a registered Rodeo boat
- Fishing on the pier, bridge, or in the jetty is free for anglers 14 years and younger