It’s a pirates life for me! The Billy Bowlegs Pirate Festival is 3 full days of plank walking, parrot talking, treasure finding fun that both kids and parents will love.
Pirates on Pelham Beach, Hastings Pirate Day
cc-by-sa/2.0 – © Oast House Archive
William Augustus Bowlegs the Pirate has been a-floatin’ his pirate ship up and around the Emerald Coast looking for loot, and rumor has it that he’s headed to Fort Walton Beach’s Park at the Landing to stock up on supplies and maybe even have a party or two!
Get ready to sweep the decks, drop anchor, and discover the treasure in the long list of great food options and family-friendly activities. Fireworks, festive games, and a torchlight parade envelop downtown Fort Walton Beach in one of the Emerald Coast’s most beloved events.
One of the coolest things about the Billy Bowlegs Pirate Festival is that the celebration doesn’t just take place on land. In fact, thousands of boaters anchor pontoons, yachts, and even waverunners in the Fort Walton Beach Sound for the year’s largest floating party! No matter where you turn, the positive pirate vibes of Billy Bowlegs greet you with smiles and peg legs!
Billy Bowlegs Pirate Festival Highlights:
- 3 day festival celebrating legendary pirate Billy Bowlegs
- Fireworks show on the water after sunset
- Live entertainment and kid-friendly activities topped off by a pirate-themed parade on Monday
- Giant boat parade attracting thousands of local and visiting boaters
- Billy Bowlegs Festival: June 2nd at 11:00AM and June 3rd at 12:00PM
- Billy Bowlegs Torchlight Parade: June 5th at 7:00PM
- Billy Bowlegs Festival: Fort Walton Beach Landing Park, 139 Brooks St SE, Fort Walton Beach, FL
- Billy Bowlegs Torchlight Parade: Eglin Parkway, Downtown Fort Walton Beach
- Offsite parking and free shuttle services take visitors from Saint Mary’s Catholic Church and Uptown Station to the downtown area
- Head on over to www.BillyBowlegsFestival.com for the latest news and up-to-date information